The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday August 21, 2009 at 09:24
klaven00
Long Time Member
August 2009
hi everyone, ok so this is my dilemma..i made this kind of homemade HD antenna..just like this guy did:

i live in Toronto by the way..so once i made it and i plugged it in, i got nothing at all..no HD channels and barely a difference to the local tv stations..so anyway the other day i was playing around with auto program..the thing was scanning and i stopped it at 30%...i pressed channel up and to my surprise i landed on a HD channel...it was HD wheel of fortune on cbc 5-1..the channel was clearly in HD i even saw an HD logo in the corner but it was choppy and the signal was not strong... i got to witness HD tv for the first time and it only lasted like 15 seconds before the signal went out completely and i was left with a black screen...my tv is a samsung HDTV i bought last year

when watching the choices are either air or cable..what i landed on was DTV and since then i have spent some time trying to copy the same attempts but have not had any luck..

any suggestions on what to do? its clear that this ugly antenna i designed does work..but the question is will it give me a strong enough signal? should i just buy a hd antenna for like $50 or so...will i even have better luck with it? i heard a signal booster might help my cause

anyway, any help would be appreciated..thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse