Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Wednesday August 19, 2009 at 22:38
Gman-north
Select Member
February 2009
Tristan,
James was into my shop today and here are some of your questions answered......

On August 19, 2009 at 19:58, mrtristan said...
I have a meeting with the Crestron rep next week to talk about Prodigy but there are a few questions I'm anxious to get answers to:

1) Is there a fee for remote monitoring and control?

The IPHONE APP is free
2) Can I have control of the zone 2 output of a surround receiver?

The inital database is limited so he wasn't sure yet what learning capabilty the prodigy system will have. He's going to get back to me
3) Can I control any multi-room amplifier? If so is any kind of feedback available?

Probably not initially. Presently the device database is limited to a few devices per skew but the rep wasn't able to tell me what will be added and when. I imagine Crestron will be adding devices as time goes by. No feedback unless it is a Crestron device which will be the IPOD Dock and an AM/FM/XM tuner at present.

4) Is there going to be a light switch or keypad that will allow me to set lighting scenes - besides the touchscreen.

Yes, there are wireless dimmers and a thermostat in the lineup
5) Are you able to create graphics, or move buttons around? Or what kind of flexibility does it have for customizing graphics?
No, not unless you can edit in Simpl
6) Can an iPhone/Touch have full control of the system?

Yes, and it also supports Xpanel as well
6) How does the system integrate with a security panel?

Doubtful that they have a module .

This is really a one room solution. A 4 zone audio processor will be coming out at a later date.......

Last edited by Gman-north on August 19, 2009 22:45.

Hosting Services by ipHouse