The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday August 19, 2009 at 15:06
Just an Installer
Long Time Member
March 2007
First, is there a Pantel RS-232 command set in a version of the 232 Mega list? I have the first version of the list, but can't seem to find if a newer one exists. If there is a working Pantel command set, that solves my problem.

I am trying to create a Pantel command set. Setting the Hex button to "on", and typing in the string as they appear in the Pantel 232 document, I seem to get odd characters appearing in my string.

I enter as follows (with the hex button set):

EA 05 26 03 18

( 0xEA 0x05 0x26 0x03 0x18 in Pantel document, component video input )

and when I save it, it shows as:

\xEA\x05&\x03\x18

Why am I getting the ampersand in the string after the 05 and the 26 is gone?

If I type it in with the hex button unchecked (entered as \xEA\x05\x03\x18 ) it still shows up the same ( \xEA\x05&\x03\x18 ).

I would expect that it should look like:

\xEA\x05\x26\x03\x18

I have only to assume I'm missing a simple step here and just need to be pointed in the right direction. Done a lot of 232 on Pioneer, Epson, Yamaha and some others, this is my first Pantel. Also, their documentation only has a command string for one component video input, but the tv has two component inputs. Anybody know the string for the second? I'm hoping it's not a toggle command :o

So, any help appeciated, point out my failings and direct me toward the light :)

Thanks in advance to all.
Listen, think, THEN speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse