The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday August 18, 2009 at 23:29
Ozzie Glenn
Long Time Member
September 2008
The issues of bugs arent as bad as you would think. Outdoors is no worse than a smoky pub or sports bar as far as ongoing maintenence is concerned.
I have several units out in the field and do not get anymore calls to service these than a regular indoor projector. As long as they dont get wet there is little difference from inside to outside.
I have a few fitted in ceiling boxes which retract when not in use and this is definitely the way to go if there is any chance it will get rained on.
I am doing one on Friday for another dealer to use as a permanent installation at a nature park. High output twin lamp NEC and custom 5m wide screen. Im sure this one is going to give trouble because the 'custom weatherproof, $5000.00 enclosure' specified is built out of swiss cheese metal and close to the edges of the structure so its sure to get wet and full of possums! Oh well, their problem, not mine...
Wireless speakers? Of course Sir. Choose the colour and size you like. As you don't seem to think sound quality is important, I will not plug them in.

Hosting Services by ipHouse