The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Saturday August 15, 2009 at 01:14
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
On August 15, 2009 at 00:54, Palnews26 said...
A friend of my wifes husband has a Bose system that he thinks is the bomb.
He got the speakers, the DVD AVR whatever, outdoor speakers, and the headphones. He raises and lowers the center channel level constantly. The whole thing is so out of wack its painful. His plasma TV is so bright it burns my corneas. I overheard him telling someone how he can hook them up with some outdoor speakers. I just keep quiet, shake my head and laugh. I really dont want to get involved. Where would I start, he's happy. I'll just keep my sunglasses on.

LOL.. I have learned to keep my mouth shut. It keeps me out of multiple half hour conversations that lead no where. Every time i am in a building i get quizzed by the maintenance staff, as soon as i get on an elevator someone notices my tools or product boxes.

"what do you think about Vizio"

Or

"i heard BOSE is the best"

In the past, back when i was a 25 cent stamp.. i would attempt to educate people. Now.. I say

"Vizio is a great TV and its very inexpensive."

Or

"BOSE is really cool"

When the elevator door opens they are smiling and i haven't wasted my time.

Most people are absolutely clueless about audio video. My ex-grilfriend called me up a few months ago and asked me if she needed a digital converter box to get HD. I asked her if she had cable or satellite. She said "cable, i think, the black wire right?". I asked again but different this time "do you pay for directv or comcast". She says NO and i say well.. then you dont have cable or satellite. She says that she thinks the needs the converter box because all of the channels got fuzzy today. After a few more minutes of trying to figure out what was going on i find out she moved in to an apartment and connected the cable feed directly to her TV and was receiving basic cable. At some point it got shut off because the previous renter stopped paying for it. She had no idea she was watching cable, no idea why the channels went fuzzy and no idea what a digital converter box even does. Had she walked into best buy she would now own a useless black box that she would be trying to figure out how to connect to her 1 year old plasma TV.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse