The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Wednesday August 12, 2009 at 10:51
avgenius1
Founding Member
May 2002
On August 11, 2009 at 23:26, Gryphon Technology Group said...
JThanks avgenius! I'm just curious about how it works in real life, and if anyone has actually gotten their hands on any. Also, the ease of programming, etc..

I will have gear in hands around 3:30pm CST today. I will report back on how it operates. I expect range on the PLX-2 to be around 100 feet (just like the MLX-2). The gear isnt shipping yet but is slated to ship at the end of August with the exception of the DA piece which will come in December. We have already sold 26 Prodigy systems (handhelds, touchscreens, lighting, tuner, DA) for a mid-high end condo development.

Using Prodigy Composer will make programming a breeze. Its a very basic wizard for a very basic system. Whether or not we will be able to program the systems in SIMPL remains to be seen but Julie has reported that this will be the case. If you are a new to Crestron, Prodigy only dealer then you will need to look at the CresDB device list to make sure your brands are supported. If you are an existing full line dealer and program Prodigy then I would imagine that you will need to update your .ir and .umc files to be SystemBuilder compatible if you havent done so. There are two online help articles about how to do this. One is for serial and logic symbols and the other relates to TCP/IP.

SystemBuilder is good software when used within the framework it was designed for but does lack in areas outside of that. It builds good code (minus the ton of buffers that are inserted so that RealTime mode works for every signal in the program). SB gets a bad name because it is used when it shouldnt be for systems it wasnt built to program. It does not exist to replace the backbone framework of SIMPL/SIMPL+ and VTPro but many times it is treated like it should do just that. Just because a Ferrari can go 180+mph doesnt mean that its good for it to do so and wont result in some problems from pushing it to its limits.
"Some may never live but the crazy never die" ~ Hunter S. Thompson
"There will be plenty of time to sleep when I am dead" ~ Me

Hosting Services by ipHouse