The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Friday August 7, 2009 at 17:05
brodyboy
Long Time Member
April 2008
On August 6, 2009 at 13:14, remoteshoppe said...
That may be a compliment if that's the look they're going for. I kinda like it and if it has a little more weight to it than the H ONE it could be well received.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with that last part. Well-received by whom?  The Harmony market?  I don't see it.

A huge....HUGE....draw for the Harmony remotes is that anybody can swing by Best Buy and pick one up today.  Or a click on Amazon gets one to your house within a couple days.  Logitech offers top-notch Harmony customer support and responsiveness, and beyond that, there's a vast online community of Harmony users that communicate and help each other with the programming, which is already designed with the actual user/owner in mind.  This ease of purchase and use, and the terrific support at every level for the owner, defines the Harmony model. 

Absolutely NONE of that applies to Nevo.  Why would anybody pay a custom-installer buco bucks for equipment and programming to end up with something that looks and feels and works a lot like their neighbor's Harmony? 

Unless Nevo markets and supports this product line the way that Logitech markets and supports the Harmony line, which is pretty unlikely, I think they would err trying to pitch these models as Harmony alternatives.

Hosting Services by ipHouse