The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 313 made on Wednesday August 5, 2009 at 15:43
caudio4c4
Long Time Member
January 2009
I am sure crestron will have a way to integrate more than 18 switches. I dont think the time would have been invested into the product and then limit itself like that. Its probably got more to do with the processing power of the main controller. Maybe they took a look at the first generation C4 stuff and said "wow, with a slew of zigbee devices on the network, its slows down the system". As control4 made its software revisions, faster processors, and lost thier litigation with Lutron, thier controllers have become extreeemely responsive now that polling all the devices in the system has been removed. So this is what I see, as Crestron releases its first entry level system, they want to make sure it is well received and responsive. I have been a C4 dealer since 01/06 and I can say the first system we did consited of over 60 lighitng loads and its responiveness left something to be desired. it worked, but sloooowly. Nice thing is, as they released thier new controllers and better software revisions we were able to update the customer by only having to integrate one new controller with faster processing ($700), update the system and all his legacy gear worked faster and stayed intact. I would say kudos to Crestron for probably listening to the concerns of first generation control4 customers or dealers. Smart move on thier part in not rushing a system that can be bogged down by dealers trying to do too much with it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse