Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday July 24, 2009 at 03:41
smokinghot
August 2006
I'm back...(for any that are following), and I've decide my first course of action was the more prudent.

Although tracking a 24hr clock with only 5 variables very doable (and kinda neat), it just doesn't seem worth the effort. Notice the length of the IF/ELSE sequence just to check for one possible time alignment:
Photobucket
....and that's for only one, and I didn't bother to alias in the Favs. Problem I see is that although I'm tracking the 24hr clock with 5 variables. I need to query each of those 5 anytime I wish to use the clock.

Although my original concept uses a variable to track each 1hr block, (for a total of 24). It allows me a direct reference for any given time and does away with having to query every variable:
Photobucket
...as you can see, it's much cleaner, and in this example I programmed 4 possible outcomes, (if you count the press&hold)

In the case of a predetermined Fav selection, you would obviously only include Favs that you watch consistantly at a regular time. However having the full 24hr clock at your disposal, IMO, could be invaluable for determining automation based on the time of day.....locking/releasing channels.....max volume allowances....blah blah blah.

I'm sure the pros here either have something like this in place, or could bang it off fairly quickly if they desired it. But, I will clean up version 1 (with the 24 variables) so there's nothing but the clock with necessary variable/event timers, and make it available for anyone if they so desire. (FWIW, it was a little tedious)
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse