Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday July 3, 2009 at 12:28
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
David,
I suppose I should take your comment on Gizmologist's post as fair warning that if someone disagrees with you on a political issue, you won't discuss the issues they bring up, but instead call them names... which, oddly enough, is what some conservatives say happens when lefties are challenged... which, oddly enough, you just did... but here goes anyway:

On June 30, 2009 at 15:22, davidcasemore said...
I remember when the shoe was on the other foot, when Gore lost (really won) against the idiot (that ruined our country) and the court decided to appoint The Fool as Prez. It was all shouts of "Gore/Loserman" from the Right. Gore did the right thing so the country could move on (and be broken almost beyond repair). But Coleman? No way! I bet he still won't concede!

Too bad this is incorrect.

Gore's people, or people claiming to represent him, were the ones who challenged the results. And long after the election, different journalists looked into the details and concluded that Bush had actually won. Even the New York Times, no friend of George Bush, concluded that he had won.

I despise the fact that something has come out to make me give some grudging respect to Richard Nixon, but after he lost to Kennedy in 1960, when it was pretty obvious that the Chicago Machine had done some dirty work and Nixon had thus lost the vote count there, his people encouraged him to challenge the results. He told them he wouldn't, as he didn't want to put the country through that. I so want to hate Nixon for everything he did, and I wish this wasn't true, but it is.

David, I wonder if you react with name-calling when someone doesn't like the technical issues in your posts.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse