The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Wednesday July 1, 2009 at 22:04
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
HD fan, you still don't get it. I was never debating that watching digital has benefits (even on an old TV). Your insane rampage is just nuts. The fact is that with a bad/cheap antenna, chances are he won't get anything, spending the extra money he would spend on a good converter on a better antenna will give him more. You talked about Hamilton and Buffalo, but this guy did not ask for that, he said, specifically, he was interested in channels from CN. You talk how digital has no issue, but it is not an all or nothing, yes all else equal digital should be better, but they are not for one thing the digital signal from most stations tends to be much weaker, for an other the guy talked about monetary constraints and so if he spends 80$+ on the converter chances are that will take from the antenna. Let me try this again
2 choices
1) 20$ antenna + 80$ converter where he has real bad reception and gets nothing
2) 60$+ antenna where he gets all the analogue channels from CN?
What do you pick? If the choice is insane, please explain why it can’t happen.

Now if he said he wanted Buffalo, then the choice would be different and he would not have one. He would need to spend on both the converter and a real good antenna.

PS are you saying that digitalis 100% perfect or no reception at all? Because if that is what you are insinuating then that is the most retarded thing I ever read and I don’t care if you are pretending to be an Engineer on a forum.

Hosting Services by ipHouse