Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Wednesday July 1, 2009 at 00:30
philnye
Lurking Member
June 2009
On June 30, 2009 at 19:36, cb1 said...
make sure you have the most recent software and firmware on your computer< then do a firmware up date on EVERYthing, starting with the MZC itsself

Problem fixed! A big thank you to cma, cb1, and Vincent. I checked my cable once again and I am using a null modem serial cable so all set there. I reflashed everything on my Speakercraft side (MZC, RSA, and MODE 3.1) and also redownloaded the Master and Slave programs I am using (12 zones in all). I still didn't have the meta data working but I at least made sure everything was current. Then, on a whim I tried messing around with other source options. It turns out with the latest firmwares and the latest EZ-Tools options there is specifically an Escient Fireball Server source available rather than using AUX as in the SpeakerCraft documentation for interfacing with an Escient Fireball. Once I changed the source and appropriate address for my RSA, everything is now working!

Thank you all again for the replies and suggestions and once again sorry to Vincent for harping on him earlier. I'm definitely going to share this with my friend who is a SpeakerCraft dealer to make sure he doesn't run into this problem in the future.

Phil

Hosting Services by ipHouse