The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Tuesday June 30, 2009 at 15:17
philnye
Lurking Member
June 2009
On June 30, 2009 at 14:15, Vincent Delpino said...
Ahhhhh the joy of D.I.Y.! Wow think of all that money you saved! So why not come here and ask people who make a living installing this stuff for advice? I have a better idea, why not ask somebody who knows what they are doing before you go and buy stuff that you want to "figure out" on your own? You have a friend who is a speakercraft dealer yet you still chose to buy b-stock from the internet? I hope you saved enough money on your MZC system to cover the money you wasted on that fireball because it is not compatible with the system.

Ahhhh Vincent.... Where do I start. First off, I also do custom installs I am just doing this for myself as a project since I am always tinkering. While I admit custom install work is not my day job I do enjoy the work and help my friend out from time to time with his business on the side. Second, both Escient and Speakercraft have confirmed that the E2 line of the Fireball servers are compatible so I don't quite know where you come off with your information. Though if for some reason it cannot be made to work, I still have touchscreen interfaces that can drive everything as a backup.

The B-stock purchase was an impulse where an authorized reseller lost his shirt while trying out pushing merchandise through auction and was something no one could pass up. I purchase all my hardware and interface pieces through my friend so lay off if you don't mind. As for why don't I ask someone who knows what they are doing, that is what I thought I was doing here but if this is the type of response I get, that may have been a bad choice.

I fully respect the work and skills of custom installers and have attend CEDIA myself and various product trainings in the past from some now defunct media server hardware products to Control4 and Kaleidescape but I have never had the chance to take Speakercraft or Escient training. I am always trying to learn the next interface and technology to improve my skills and knowledge (Ok, Speakercraft and Escient are neither the next great thing nor that advanced). I was really hoping for any help and advice from the "experts" rather than a flame. I have always believed in learn through doing so your negative comments cannot sway my beliefs and when I fall into a "deal" I will always tinker and experiment to learn from it what I can.

Hosting Services by ipHouse