The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Friday June 19, 2009 at 10:53
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
On June 19, 2009 at 03:44, CoryBurgess said...
Also (continuing on with Ernie's questions) are you just doing a typical excel spreadsheet for you labels? Or is there something in the software you are using to print your labels that correlates everything together?

D-Tools basically integrates all the little things you do. Wire numbers (labels & reports), parts & products for your proposal, system design, prints and schematics and a bunch of other stuff i am missing.

So when your dragging in a wire.. lets say the speaker cable in the Dining Room.. DIN-008 is generated automatically and when you print your wire labels its there. DIN-008 is on the wire report.. its connected to everything.

If your doing things manually. Your dragging in a wire.. giving it the number you choose. Now you have to manually create a spreadsheet to go with it. So 1 spread sheet like the example i gave EBG above with the wire numbers. If you stick to simple numbers vs room names you can use the number spread sheet over and over.

And one spread sheet thats a Wire Report telling you what each wire is. I put together this screenshot to try to keep with our Dining Room theme :). Obviously you can have as much or as little detail as you want. You could include wire colors, a notes column that says things like "in cabinet" or "behind bed". A column that says what its for like "Phone" "Keypad". A column that says "Local Loop" or "Home Run".. whatever you want.

Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse