The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Friday June 19, 2009 at 01:34
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
In the screenshot you will see the wire number start out with DIN- for Dining room.

To be honest i prefer numbering cables 1 thru whatever and having a spreadsheet that tells you where each cable goes/ what its for. This is how i was taught to do it my first year on the job and IMO its the easiest fastest way to do it and its as reliable as any other system.

What i mean is that @ trim out DIN-008 isnt going to tell you anymore than -008 is. You still have to look at the spreadsheet to know that -008 is a speaker cable for the dining room just like you would if you tagged it as DIN-008. Its personal preference. Either way will work.

Whatever you do.. you dont want to get into a situation where you have a DIN-008 and a LIV-008. IMO this sucks because its real easy to grab the LIV-008 when you mean to gran the DIN-008 once you start getting tired or if the lights are dim etc.

As far as labeling at rough-in i let all the cables hang out of the ceiling above where the racks will go and i try to line the labels up about as high as i can reach. I know this part of the cable will be in the hidden service loop so they wont get cut off. Trim labels go right at the end before the connector after the cable has been routed, cut to lenght & terminated.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse