Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Monday June 1, 2009 at 23:21
Joshtam58
Long Time Member
April 2009
Thanks for the response Stamp.

Yea the holes in the top of the closet are something aren't they!
We actually had the electrician on the job run the wires. It was a fairly sizeable remodel with a lot of retrofit. We could have done it, but my boss works with this sparky quite often and they were slow so they got the work.

The house is actually going to be knocked down in 2 years (crazy isn't) and rebuilt, so certain things had corners cut.

I definitely here you on the labels, unfortunately I can only work with what was provided to me from you know.....
I'd love to use white labels with clear heat shrink, or something like that...any suggestions?

You are so right though. white on black would blend so much better.

Oh no... no etape on the front of the cable boxes, just a dab of hot glue. I did pop the faces of the boxes and saw that I could put the emitter there, but I wasn't sure of exact placement or any possible IR overload so i figured the first time I try putting them inside shouldn't be in a rack where It's a little harder to remove the component and play with it. It is definitely on my list of things to try though.

Good Idea with the home running all Cresnets to the block, but I had limited supply of cresnet.

Actually that patch panel is just for the closet, the main houses patch panel is in the basement. This panel is wired to the basement. I used the panel because his office data and phone were run to the closet instead of the basement, so I decided to run everything in the closet to a patch panel. I guess it was sort of an extra step.
It definitely would have been cool to have a bigger rack to have all the cat5's from the house run right to that closet!

as far as the URC base stations, those are for the two offices local systems. Her office doesn't even have audio or a touch panel so the mx850 makes sense for her. For his office you are right it should be on the Crestron. However My boss or myself Can't program....although he did think that I could after just one week of training.
Plus the Client just wanted a simple remote for his tv/cable/bluray.

I didn't think of putting the request up high...that makes good sense!

Thanks again for the positive response.

I am not taking any offense to anything...just taking it to the brain for the future! live and learn haha.

Last edited by Joshtam58 on June 1, 2009 23:32.

Hosting Services by ipHouse