The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday June 1, 2009 at 23:03
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
A+ for puttig a label on everything. You wont ever kick yourself for having more labels than you need :). I noticed some sharpie action on some of the cables. Use labels there instead. Also.. use white text on black labels for the front of the rack so they blend in better.

Home run your cresnet cables for each device in the rack. Its perfectly fine to daisy chain but you have plenty of space on the C2NHBLOCK troubleshooting will be easier later if you run into a problem.

I see a jagged hole in the top corner of the cedar closet. Looks like a bunch of 1 inch holes next to each other where the cable comes out. Use a bulk cable wallplate to clean it up.

Why are you using universal remote control base stations? Should have used a crestron RF base station and made those remotes part of the crestron system. I know theres an upfront cost difference but if your boss adds up the labor involved in programming & integrating 2 control systems vs using one it all works out to be the same IMO.

I cant tell if your using electrical tape on the cable boxes to hold the emitters or not. If your not interested in opening the cable boxes to hide the emitters inside use hotglue to hold them on. It looks better and hold better than the electrical tape will.

Cat5's & cresnet on the back wall. Put that stuff in the rack so that your bundle of cables comes straight down the wall in a neat bundle and goes directly to the rack. Use a rack mount patch panel to handle every cat5 in the house & rack & mount the crestron power supply & C2NHBLOCK to a CNXRMAK. Mount both of these to the back of the rack facing out. This keeps the back wall clean & gives you one less point to worry about as far as things being pulled loose when the rack gets rolled out. [Link: crestron.com]

About lacer bars.. Less is more. I put 1 bar per component and i line it up with the bottom of the shelf o i have room to get my hand in there later if i ever have to service it. I learned my lesson with using 2 many lacer bars once. It looked awesome but good luck getting to your connectors :).

About custom length interconnects. I use liberty compression fittings with mini cable. Easy to manage and less overall bulk vs using RG59 or RG6.

I would probably have put the request unit right under the BD players so everything with a drive was up high. I always have a 1U space above and below amplifiers so IMO its good that you have that space there.

I know this is nitpicky stuff but thats because your work is pretty damn good. I would like to show you pics of the racks i wired @ 23. It would give you something to laugh about :).
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse