The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 58 made on Monday June 1, 2009 at 18:55
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On June 1, 2009 at 16:16, PYRODOOD said...
I'm not exactly sure why you think the antenna is too costly or too hard to build. Its an antenna design, you can copy builds out there or build it any other way you wish. You could probably build one from cardboard, aluminum foil, and some spare wire.

I think there are a lot of people who could profit from it who would not have the beginning of a clue how to do it, despite the instructions. The most mature and respectable and talented man I ever knew, when you asked him a question about anything mechanical in his beautiful home, just shrugged and pointed to the six-inch wide drawer in the kitchen that had a few tools in it. There is someone who deserves to be able to buy an antenna like this through an installer, who must get it from a manufacturer in order to keep from losing money on every installation.

As for the antennas back to back at 120 degrees from one another, if the cables were the same length and the signals mixed together, you'd get an omnidirectional antenna with three slightly more sensitive lobes, not cancellation. However, you'd also get all the possible interference you could get from signals bouncing off of things (multipath). Digital tuners are good at rejecting that, but they aren't perfect. Antenna combination is not a good thing unless they are pointed in the same direction or unless the two antennas do not share the same frequencies.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse