The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday May 13, 2009 at 08:34
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
I just tried IRLab. I see that for Sony20 protocol it uses one big number for the device code instead of two little numbers.

If you want to try some of the signals with two part device codes from that list of Sony codes I linked with IRLab, you need to multiply the second number by 32 and add the first to get the big number used by IRLab.

So device 16.16 is (16*32+16) = 528 in IRLab.

Edit: Right after posting the above, I noticed the result from the obsolete decoder built into IrTool.exe. It displays the large number you need consistent with IRLab.

If IrTool finds DecodeIR.dll it first calls the better decoder in DecodeIr.dll and if that decodes anything, it pops up a little window with the result. If DecodeIr isn't found or it doesn't decode the signal or after you dismiss that little window, IrTool also runs an obsolete decoder that is built-in. That decoder understands only a few protocols and some of them not very well. But it does understand the three basic Sony protocols and it displayes Sony20 decodes consistent with IRLab device numbering, while DecodeIr.dll displays them consistent with MakeHex and with the KM and RM upgrade tools for JP1 remotes.

Last edited by johnsfine on May 13, 2009 08:41.

Hosting Services by ipHouse