Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Saturday May 9, 2009 at 15:39
tsvisser
Founding Member
March 2002
Hi Jordan,

My welcome to you to this forum was genuine and I apologize if I have come off as being snide or condescending. That certainly was not my intent. We are a group of people who spend time talking to machines more than we do people and sometimes when we have an audience willing to listen to us other than a group of circuit boards with DB-9 connectors, I suppose we like to make our points heard.

I had assumed that the collaborative nature of product development made it a complex compartamentalized process and I did not mean to accuse you specifically for that. You confirmed that and thought it was a valuable opportunity to communicate to someone not only with the company, but very close to the issues that us integrators deal with. **edit, my incorrect assumption given your contractor status**

You are, I'm sure, more expert than myself on serial communications. The different physical and communication layers are for the most part, abstracted from us, so our viewpoints are different and I acknowlege that my explanation was either too simplistic given the audience I was addressing or outright wrong, in which case you have the full right to add corrections.

Again, welcome to the forums. We really do appreciate manufacturer participation and value what you have to offer.

Last edited by tsvisser on May 9, 2009 20:02.
[Link: imdb.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse