Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday May 14, 2001 at 08:46
jim westoby
Historic Forum Post
I use HomeSeer which is mainly for X-10 (power line control of on/off and lights) rather than IR.

It DOES have IR capability and is an amazing bit of software for the price. I got a credit card JUST to buy it for the US this year (I'm 45 now!).

It allows for a few IR aware devices the one I use is from Concept UK and attaches to the parallel port but there are other ones (SLink-e allows zoning directly I think).

It allows easy voice control (even via a phone) includes a web server (for lucky people with permanent access - took about 1 minute from the first device), capability to control via email.

It's just great.

I looked at Home Vision and HAL2000 but this beats them - if only because you can get it working easily and program it more and more (Java, Perl and VBScript).

I didn't like having to learn (another) esoteric language to make events so I didn't like Home Vision and HAL looked like it was money hungry from the word go.

Their web site is www.keware.com

I get NOTHING out of this, but I would suggest you look at this and download the one month trial.

Hosting Services by ipHouse