The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Monday April 27, 2009 at 22:04
Duct Tape
Loyal Member
November 2008
On April 27, 2009 at 19:22, Ry-dog said...
I too have used the Xantech sensors and can vouch that they are rock solid for installs.

The only thing to keep in mind (and this goes for pretty much all installs for cable connections) is to make sure the Xantech/Nevo wires will not be in the way of the maid or anyone around that area. I am speaking from experience because the maid knocked out connection from the sensor to the Xantech block and I had to drive there on a support call. When you add the Xantech piece, you are adding a power supply for the Xantech block, the sensor to the block and a two-wire back to the Nevo voltage sensor, so just make sure it's neatly tucked away and you should get perfect operation from this like I have. And yes, I tried this on TVs (using the current sensor module) and it works just fine.

my installs are all on boats, so I usually put a dab of silicone caulk on each connector that could work loose.  or i use zip ties to secure the power packs in place.  this might be a good idea for you residential installers.
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse