The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday April 23, 2009 at 12:17
LearningAsIGo
Long Time Member
March 2009
I do not disagree with you at all on time to toss them. As far as the audio fix goes, I have created a document that you can be completed by anyone. But does require purchasing a license for the sound drivers from www.opensound.com it is a $50.00 License. If you want us to purchase the license and install it remotely into the system we are charging a $25.00 fee.

We by no means had any doing in the software or hardware configurations of the Xperinet units. We simply built the units based off the specs provided to us by Xperinet. Any overall decisions on these systems were made by Xperinet.

We are providing what remote support that I am able to do. I would much rather fix the unit in the field then have to have it sent in for repairs. The whole situation is just one big mess. All in all we are not honored to support any of these systems then the ones that were directly sold by us after Xperinet went out of business. But before I just tell anyone to send a unit into us I first diagnose it to see if it possibly something that could be repaired fairly easily by remote support with out any charge.

As far as charges go here is the list:

Client: Taurus/Orion
If the unit needs to be sent to us. $150.00 plus parts Includes return shipping.
To redo the Operation system drive (Clone) $75.00 shipping not included.
To buy a new clone with the Operation system on it $125.00 shipping included.

Polaris:
If the unit needs to be sent to us. $250.00 plus parts includes return shipping.
redo clone $100.00 Shipping not Included
New clone $150.00 Shipping included.

A polaris clone will need have final configurations done to it once it is returned to the customer remotely and requires a windows based system to us to remote into to do all the final configurations.

By all means if you don't want to pay for support to fix the units and want to scrap them and go with a new solution go for it. This whole situation sucks for everyone out there that had bought this units. Along with us who were building for them. We understand how much money was spent in these systems and that is why were are providing the support that we are able to do but we are not going to provide that support for nothing considering we are not truly responsible for the support of most of the units out there. But we are trying to assist those out there that we can. You can contact us for support and we will attempt to assist you.

Branden Carter
Future Information Technlogy
[email protected]
240-264-1266 ext 246
"I sit looking at this damn computer screen all day long, day in and day out, week after week, and think: Man, if I could just find the 'on' switch..."

Hosting Services by ipHouse