The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday April 16, 2009 at 18:38
Stoobie
Long Time Member
April 2004
It is not clear how you programmed in the new codes for your new devices if you do not have the cable. if you learned the new codes it may not work correctly because of the original setup and layout.

This is likely what your problem :- if there were macros and jumps etc they will be messed up by trying to learn new codes onto buttons unless the original codes were aliased ( I think that is the term in classic Prontos) and you learnt the codes onto the aliased buttons. I've not used a classic pronto for a while so can't be 100% sure this is the problem.

Also, did you remember that the learning eye is at the other end of the remote to the end that sends out the signals? That sometimes catches people out.

Look at the Pronto FAQ in this forum and it gives you the diagram to make your own cable and info on which other cables are compatible.

If you do make your own, get a slightly longer serial cable with the same connector at each end. I did this when I made my own from a serial cable cut in the middle ( I made a second one from the other half of the serial cable and put it on eBay and got my money back)

Stoobie
RC9500, RC5400, RU940 & Pronto Neo, Windows Vista.

Hosting Services by ipHouse