The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday April 11, 2009 at 14:52
Jasonvp
Select Member
July 2008
I would suggest you read the The Unofficial Pronto/RC5000 FAQ [Link: remotecentral.com] and the Philips Pronto Next Generation FAQ [Link: remotecentral.com] in the FEATURES SECTION on this site.

Also download some other peoples files in the FILES SECTION [Link: remotecentral.com] to see how they did it.

I would not worry about the Database Codes. Just learn your Devices IR Function from your original remotes to the Pronto Remote. You can also search for them in the FILES SECTION and in the Discrete Code Hunter Forum [Link: remotecentral.com]

Discrete Codes are Hex codes (IR Function) that do not appear on the original remotes i.e. Separate ON and OFF Functions or your TVs Inputs like AV1,AV2,AV3,HDMI etc. that go straight to that Input instead of having to press a Button several time to get to it.[Link: remotecentral.com]

I would suggest you do not worry about the Graphics just yet and concentrate on setting up your PCF File for the Pronto with all you IR Codes for all your Devices and program your Macros on their own DEVICE/PAGES with no Images on the Buttons.

Once you have done that and tested it to see if every thing is working the way you want, you can then add the all the Graphics to new DEVICES/PAGES and LINK your BUTTONS (pretty ones) from the ones containing the IR CODES and MACROS.

If you Download some PCF Files you will see what I am saying. Most people do it that way. Here is one [Link: remotecentral.com] and [Link: remotecentral.com]

It may seem to be a lot of mucking about but it is better in the end, especially when you need to make changes or add new Devices.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Jason

PS. Here is a Excel File for Onkyo Codes [Link: avsforum.com]

Last edited by Jasonvp on April 11, 2009 15:31.

Hosting Services by ipHouse