The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Monday April 6, 2009 at 16:51
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On April 4, 2009 at 11:16, cdouglass said...
Okay while configuring automation for the office I grew tired of plugging and unplugging the USB programming cable to the RP-6....

Then on a whim I decided to pull out the USB cable that was just dangling there, then Wham 100% reliability.

Are you saying that you had unplugged the computer end of it, which is why it was just dangling there, and that the RP-6 worked after you unplugged the cable from it? A couple of these posts seem to say that it's necessary to unplug from the RP-6 end, no matter what.

My experience has been that if you disconnect the RP-6 from the computer, by unplugging either end or taking a hatchet to the cable, then it will work. Same with the T2+ and T2-C.

When I did the first RP-6 and T2+, I found this out on the phone with RTI. Problem solved, but situation stupid. I pointed out to them that when the USB connector on a PC is bad, the entire freakin' PC is worthless, and their design is, all by itself, shortening the life of my PC more than anything else I do with it.

I now carry a dumb passive four-port USB hub for RTI work, where the hub and the learner stay plugged in all the time, and I plug and unplug other components as needed.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse