The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday March 5, 2009 at 11:50
BisyB
Advanced Member
May 2006
Alright, so before I get told this - yes, I searched security and yes, I found some very helpful information ;) I even searched other security forums (which were not all bad and kinda helpful) for this topic but have yet to find any of my answers.

So we have reached a point where we are getting requests for pre-wiring and installation of security systems on new construction customs and semi-customs. I went to a Honeywell "class" that basically taught how to program (which I could have mostly picked up anyway on my own and honeywell since their panel is what integrates with vNet) and yet they did not cover "Security System Design". I have seen pre-wires with bundles of wiring and some with about 6 wires and it seems to be all preference.

I was wondering if any of you have recommendations for pre-wire design and install and/or if not, maybe someone in Colorado would like to be a sub-designer for our installs... yes, we pay for services we need but we would like to do the wiring but are not opposed to sub-contracting the pre-wiring as well. The first project on the plate is a ranch with about 10,000 finished square feet...

Yeah, kinda getting thrown into the pool there instead of just getting my feet wet...

Any help and/or tech support numbers are appreciated!

BisyB
Web Design | Hosting - www.bz303.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse