Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday March 3, 2009 at 17:48
avainnovations
Long Time Member
October 2005
Hey everyone.

I have a small problem which I was hoping I can get some help on. We installed a Pronto 9600 and one of the devices he is controlling is a Denon iPod dock connected to a Denon receiver. Everything is working correctly thus far.

However, my customer would like to be able to create groups, or was hoping that there was a way for the iPod to scroll through his list of artists faster than the page up and page down feature. I was thinking of using the scroll wheel but from what I understand that can only be accomplished via RS232.

So, my questions are: Can you create groups with iPods (e.g. alphabetical like a-d, e-h, etc.)? Or, is there a way to scroll via names using the Pronto quickly? Are there any other iPod infrared remotes out there that provides this function? I can then buy or just obtain the IR codes and bring it into the Pronto. My final question: Is there a way to control the Denon iPod dock via IP? If we can get it to do that, then we might be able to bring back in the scroll wheel for browsing.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Joe

Hosting Services by ipHouse