The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 97 made on Sunday March 1, 2009 at 06:00
djy
RC Moderator
August 2001
The stats stemmed from this thread and was, originally, only meant to be a one off; hence my somewhat crude method of data collection. Having pumped a few man hours into compiling it all though I decided to continue (if only for my own interest) and chose 100 pages (2000 posts) as a reasonable sampling point; it also rather neatly followed that 1500 pages = 30000 posts, 2000 - 40000 posts, 2500 - 50000 posts etc. (Never thought it possible, but I now have every expectation of our cracking the 50000 barrier)*.

With the advent of the new changes (forum and mine) I've decided to recompile everything and start afresh with the 15 posts per page layout. Another mammoth task (though no means as daunting as Daniel's forum change) but having already developed my spreadsheet for the last update I'm hoping to have things sorted and ready by page 2800 - which, incidentally, is 42000 posts, or page 2100 in old money.

*My search has by no means been exhaustive, but I've yet to find a longer Word Association Thread than the one we have here at RC.
Post 50000 will now appear on page 3334.

Hosting Services by ipHouse