Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 703 made on Thursday February 26, 2009 at 06:35
411avatar
Long Time Member
October 2003
Lyndel:

Thanks for the info on Player Short Name -- the docs say only that "The author has not identified any use for the 'Short Name' assigned to a player at the time of this writing." I have only a single player at present, but the info may be useful in the future.

I am aware of the design intent of SNL, as I've been using it on multiple 3000s for more than 6 years, and have benefitted greatly from your work (yes, I have donated) and the advice of others on this forum. I just thought that someone out there might have a clever idea on how to utilize the sorting and organizational power of SNL to satisfy an application for which it was never intended, namely to generate a Pronto-displayable and -navigable list of CDs sorted by disc number. This can be done manually, of course, but I am trying to configure something a bit more automated as my disc collection is growing and changing constantly. As my post indicates, I've made some progress on this, and what I have is workable, if not elegant. I was not requesting or suggesting any changes to SNL, as I know you've moved onto other things, but was hopeful that your deep insight into the program (or that of others on this Forum) might allow you to see a way past the limitations of my clumsy implementation.

Art

Hosting Services by ipHouse