The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 700 made on Wednesday February 25, 2009 at 16:43
411avatar
Long Time Member
October 2003
Judging from the length of time since the last post, I'm wondering whether I'm the only one using SNL any more. But for anyone who does, and for Lyndel (who probably monitors this thread), I stumbled across a solution to the request I had made on February 3, 2008, viz: would it be possible to copy hard button links (along with layout, etc.) using the "Copy from another list..." button, since I import my disk list from a .csv file rather than editing it in SNL. Well, the solution to my problem (having to redo hard button links whenever I was importing a new list) was staring me in the face all along, and is a tribute to Lyndel's prescience and/or the flexibility and power built into SNL. Instead of deleting the existing list before importing a new one, I discovered that one can just check the "Erase All Data From Affected Lists..." box in the second Import screen (where you assign column numbers to data fields). This appears to preserve all the settings from the previous list, including hard button links. I don't know why I didn't see this before (as it would probably have been obvious to anyone else had I only asked my question correctly). Duh.

Hosting Services by ipHouse