The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Sunday February 22, 2009 at 21:48
OMC_Joe3B
Lurking Member
February 2009
Reading your statement that the Phillips Universal Remote, Model Number SRU2103/27 would indeed control the Magnavox TB100MW9 Digital Converter, I drove into Sears today and purchased two of them, opening only one of them of course upon returning home.

I am computer literate, fairly well versed in the electronic world, and have no problem reading and understanding diirections, meaning that I am aware of the code lookup function of the converter and the inserting procedure of the various codes.

Knowing that the insertion of codes to control any TV, VCR, or DVD is pretty much above board and straight forward, I jumped right in to have the Phillips Remote control the TB100MW9 Digital Converter.

Approximately two hours later after trying everything I could think of plus following the instructions to the letter in all aspects of the instructions, I have failed to have this SRU2103/27 Phillips remote control the TB100MW9 Magnavox converter, leaving me quite puzzled.

Speaking not only for myself but for many others I suspect, it would be appreciated very much if you would take the time to explain in full your exact procedure in obtaining success in this Remote/Converter problem.

(Edit: 02/23/09) It appears unlikely that the original author, for some reason, will answer any of the above questions. I contacted others elsewhere and found that they could not get the "Phillips Universal Remote, Model Number SRU2103/27" to function with the "TB100MW9 Magnavox converter" either. I'm returning the two I purchased. Should I have success with any other remote, I'll return and make a statement here.

Last edited by OMC_Joe3B on February 23, 2009 09:52.

Hosting Services by ipHouse