The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday February 20, 2009 at 10:07
Bob Brandes
Lurking Member
February 2009
I have been working with a TSU9600 for about a month and I am ready to program a design. I have a few codes for each device that I had to "Learn" the IR Code. I decided to look over the learned code to clean them up. In this process I decided to look at the codes from the Philips database codes.

After unziping the xcf and looking in the ConfigEdit.xml I found the learned codes a long stream codes of hex digits rather than the Pronto codes I expected. I assume these codes are in the "RAW learned" format. The device I am looking at is a Sony TV. The codes I learned are the standard Pronto format for Sony remotes. I can easily "clean" up the codes that I learned.

The Philips database codes are MUCH longer than the codes that I learned. My question is which codes are more efficient, I would expect that the shorter learned codes are better once cleaned up?

This kind of discourages me about the Philips database. It is fairly obvious that not anyone can add to the Philips database, because that have not given the option to the normal user.

What is other's experience.
New Pronto TSU9600 Owner

Hosting Services by ipHouse