The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday November 3, 2006 at 05:10
glvaca
Lurking Member
November 2006
On November 2, 2006 at 20:07, mrfreeze said...
Only the Escient currently. I believe Imerge support could
be coming later.
I do not know of any other plans for other devices.

Where is all your equipment placed? In the one area (hub)
or in multiple rooms.

or in multiple rooms.

On November 2, 2006 at 20:07, mrfreeze said...
Only the Escient currently. I believe Imerge support could
be coming later.
I do not know of any other plans for other devices.

That is bad news. Very bad news. I've just read up on the Escient and Imerge (only audio!!!) devices and they are very expensive and basically too restrictive (please correct me if I'm wrong). I'm sure they do very well what they are designed for but with these devices you still need a seperate infrastructure for audio/video AND for other data (photo's, files, software, etc...) and services (print, scanning). The current setup I had in mind was using a NAS device like the Infrant ReadyNAS NV (up to 4 hotpluggable 300GB disks in Raid 5 config) which costs around 700EUR (as opposed to several thousand $ for Fireball devices) and is UPnP compatible. Through the use of software (like TwonkeyVision) and the D-link DSM-520 make it available through my Denon AVR-3805 and to the rest of my house (Main zone and zones 2 and 3).

It amazes me that the RC9800i HAS this functionality but the more expensive flagship does not... Seems like very commercially inspired to me.

By the way, is there a remote that 1. has the same programmable options as the TSU-9600, 2. same quality of display/design and 3. can do the above?

or in multiple rooms.

The Denon, DSM-520, DVR, Digibox (pay-TV), DVD and CD player are located in the same room. The NAS (not yet purchased) and additional applifiers to provide music independantly to the other rooms connected to zone 2 is located elsewhere. The zone 2 on my Denon is connected to a little cheap device (I think it's called a modulator) to create an extra TV channel on my cable COAX, this signal I can then pick up on all TV's in the house connected to the cable COAX network. I hope this makes sense but I'm not a native English speaker. I use basic IR trasmitter/receivers to get the signal to the kit below. I currently use a RU930.

To combine a few posts, if I understand correctly, should I go for the TSU-9600 I should install a WIFI network for the remote. One extender which I need to connect to all the kit for a maximum of 8 devices. The remote will send IR commands wireless to the extender and these commands are then relayed through the wired connection to the kit? Correct? To follow with another dump question, where is the extender connected to on the devices? Which port?

Thanks to all who have replied!

Best,
Glenn

Hosting Services by ipHouse