The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday November 19, 2006 at 00:56
avtech
Long Time Member
October 2002
On November 18, 2006 at 22:01, Lyndel McGee said...
No, you download the protocol document from Escient Manuals
page and then write code to make your MCE machine talk
the Escient Protocol so that it can communicate with the
Pronto.

The only available "protocol" in Escient site are the RS-232. The TSU-9600 only support TCP/IP protocol as far as the escient Fireball so far. Can you provide a Link for the document you are refering to?

You MUST write everything from scratch as the 9600 only
communicates with Escient devices.

Again, it would be nice and appreciated any more info into the writing you are refering to.

|I've heard rumors of possible Sonos support in the future but I heard nothing
regarding support of Windows MCE anywhere in the near
future.

The Sonos system you refer to support UPNP protocol; infact that is the way they communicate with their remote/touch pannel. If that is the case, they should have the aplication open for MCE as well, it just seens logical to me.

Every one knows Philips is the creator of: the MCE IR remote & Keyboard, and the RC-9800i two way UPNP stream. I Just can not see Philips missing this oportunity to integrate MCE into their TSU-9600 two-way control system; Think about how many MCE machines are out there vs. Escients fireball or Sonos systems. I hope some one at philips is monitoring this site for possitive imputs into their products. After all the support they have received from this community, the leats they can do is "listen" and provide what people wants.
Live Long and Prosper!

Hosting Services by ipHouse