The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday December 9, 2006 at 13:28
Marc Koenig
Long Time Member
August 2002
I'm learning my way around the software. I'm starting by using the standard config for single room US. I'm assuming it would work best to start with the provided Activities and adapt these. None of the devices I have are listed in the factory database (e.g. Marantz SR8001 receiver, Marantz DV9600 DVD player, Pioneer 6070 Plasma, SA 8300 cable/dvr, etc). Is there site or download for updating the database? I have gone into the activity property page and selected a brand/model device for that activity that seems most similar to mine. A few functions now work. However, the Code page is still labeled for the default device from the factory config. Is there a way to select a new device and have it substitute all the codes for that device in place of the default? Should I take exisiting code pages for a device and change the name and then learn (replace) the IR code for each function listed on the code page, and make new buttons (and teach/learn those) for functions not listed in the default code page? Thanks for the help.
Marc

Hosting Services by ipHouse