The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday December 17, 2006 at 19:11
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
If you are referring to "Planes", might that be what is described as ZOrder? Sending To Front/Back, etc?

If so, there are keyboard shortcuts Shift PageUp/Down and Shift Up/Down to

Bring To Front/Send to Back and
Bring Forward/Send Backward.

There are right-click options as well as a toolbar for this functionality as well.

As far as an excellent manual, there were several things that were unclear in the manual and I personally submitted over 100 change requests for the doc during the beta test.

As I said before, the software is not a graphical editor nor is it powerpoint. If you've used the NG-based editors before, then there should be little, if any, learning curve.

If this is your first time using a Philips remote editor package, I'd expect that you might have some comments like this.

Once you get used to it, there are some nice features such as F2 and F7. Daniel, Peter, myself, an others were pretty critical about keyboard shortcuts with the Pronto Team throughout all the editor development. I personally think that what we have now, compared to 3-4 years ago, is 1000% better. However, I do admit that there is room for improvement.

Also, I take it you are not an installer. This remote is more complex than previous remotes as far as capability. Dave D'Arche did a good job of explaining the NG remotes in the Ultimate Pronto Guide and alot of what's there applies here.

Once again, welcome on board.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse