The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday January 1, 2007 at 20:32
Dave Heald
Lurking Member
January 2007
First, hello - Despite being titled a newbie on the forum, I'm a long time TS1000 user with heavily customized CCF with tons of macros, so I'm quite familiar with the classic (& few time updated) ProntoEdit programs. To support my soon to be purchased 9600, I've already updated the new PEP database with my equipment that didn't exist on their list of choices but now that I get to the fun part I've hit a snag.

Here's the problem, sort of a chicken or egg paradox...I created a bmp image of my Slim Devices Squeezebox to use as a homepage button since there was no good button in the gallery (plus a faded version for the 'pressed' status button image), but can only get them into the Images area in the Gallery. I can't figure out how to get the bmp's into any of the Button categories so that I can use the image as a button.

The PEP instructions say to CTRL-drag a button from a page in a configuration file (.xcf?) into the desired button category. But since this is a from-scratch bmp, I can't get it into an xcf as a button until I can create it as a button first. (Note that placing the bmp 'image' onto the page and then CTRL-dragging doesn't work)

I'm probably missing something simple since I know this is possible (I've seen the sample screen captures from OnlyOneRemote and some other configuration service vendors) but I just can't figure it out. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided!
-Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse