Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday December 22, 2006 at 10:55
BrianJohnHunt
Long Time Member
May 2006
Hi,

I have a large music collection and have noticed a few problems;

1. In the Escient Transport Screen you can only browse to 9999 items. I have over 17,000 tracks so cannot list by song name.

2. Is there anyway to add an extra screen so that the digits are available? I would like to be able to use the abd, def ... functions to go directly to the artists/songs that begin with that letter. I guess I could set up playlists to do this, but it would be great if I could do this on the fly as then I would not need to mess around with the playlists every time I add new music. Using the Escient Web interface or TV screens is a total drag when you have a large music collection.

3. This may be an issue with the Escient, but is there a way to add a function for 'Add to playing now'? I use this function a lot to queue music as I am listening (on my MCE PC). I haven't yet found how to do this directly on the Escient, so perhaps it's not available. I would also like to edit the playing now list as well - don't want much do I ;-)

Anyone have any ideas?

The screens provided as standard are not quite there - I was hoping that they may be more 'Sonos' like in their operation. Anyone know if new screens are being developed?

I have an Escient Fireball SE 160i by the way.

Regards
Brian (London, UK)

Hosting Services by ipHouse