The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday January 2, 2007 at 17:47
angusf
Lurking Member
December 2006
I just installed DashCode, for building Dashboard widgets. I could not help comparing and contrasting with ProntoEdit..Wow. A beautiful interface with easy to understand way to build beautiful UI and code and debug it. Useful help leading me through the most common use cases making sure I didnt miss anything. Much advanced capability under the covers. ProntoEdit by comparison is advanced clearly but to me its an awkard and hard to fathom tool with toytown icons and button art. I suppose the ROI might not be there for Philips but they *might* learn something from the OS X tools team about UI design for development tools.

It just seems a shame not to be able to use a state of the art computer OS to program this device. To me it just seems wrong. Of course Im perfectly willing to accept that perhaps its just me..

Back to the main topic - Until Vista is supported I guess I will keep an old XP laptop just for Pronto. I can cope with having Vista on my Mac but the ROI isnt there for me to enable triple booting it to have XP just for pronto.

Hosting Services by ipHouse