Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday January 22, 2007 at 23:25
ddarche
Mr. RemoteQuest
February 2002
ProntoTeam,

I have been working on a client config for a couple of weeks now, on and off, trying to repair some odd problems.

1) I do not know what is up but if the IR codes work fine on a Device page, where they are linked to the code on an IR code page, they should work fine in a macro. I cannot believe that they require any further tweaking, like duration or any of that. It is hard enough to create good macros without this additional guestimate step. I think you have a bug here and you need to rectify it very quickly! Correct me if I am wrong. I would be so humble. Just give me a quick solution.

2) Another contributor here has found that some Links do not work, when the Linked IR code works fine from the Device page. He has also indicated that Links in a macro are overly-fussy and do not seem to work with a preceding delay or a following delay. What is up with this??? I have also found the same problem. I removed some delays in a macro which was not working properly and all of a sudden some of the Links began to work, which have not worked at all for a few weeks now. Although still occasionally spotty.

3) We need installer white-papers and better communications! Please give us more data about the use of normal delays between commands and the "global" delay configuration found in: ("My Database", Double-click on any device listed, click on any command and then under Configure Device, go to Properties.) In this dialog box, are apparent global general delay settings and delay settings for power on commands.

1) Do these global command add to any delays between commands, in a macro?
2) Do we not need delays between commands because the global device delays eliminate the need for delays?
3) Do these global device delays automatically replace any delays between macro delays??
4) Is there anything else we need to know about delays and the apparent global delays?

I really need some answers asap, as I have a client waiting and I cannot seem to get his macros working properly. If you want to respond directly, please email dave at remotequest dot com.

Thx Dave
Dave D'Arche
http://RemoteQuest.com
Fine Home Theater Remote Controls & Solutions - Programming services for most remotes

Hosting Services by ipHouse