The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 54 made on Tuesday April 17, 2007 at 10:04
8's&Aces
Long Time Member
August 2003
Yes, we will get to see them. This contest is like the last one where we are the ones who will judge and vote to determine the winners.

I imagine that creating the area on the web site to house all the entries is much like doing a design for a remote. Get all the graphics together, create a look for how it will all be laid out and how navigation will work, then test heavily to find all the bugs and see what won't work, make changes and test again.

I have a feeling that the screen shots are taking a lot of time. The reason is that Pronto Professional does not create a pict file of just the remote screen just by pressing "print screen" like PPENG does. Instead, you would have to paste what is on the clipboard into a graphics editing program and crop out the rest of what was on the moniter when you took the screen shot, (the program in the background, toolbars etc). That means that EVERY screen shot may have to be cropped and then saved in a single file format to make migration to the web server more streamlined.

I am also waiting as fast as I can and would love daily updates from Daniel, but I also realize that the more time he spends talking to us is less time getting the entries ready to be judged.

Rich

This is all just a guess of course because we havn't gotten any updates.

Hosting Services by ipHouse