The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday May 2, 2007 at 15:23
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
During the beta test I was rather strong in my opinion that the Simulator should run as a separate process so that we retain the ability to use the editor while the Simulator is running as we can with PPENG. I've also grown very accustomed to checking over my configuration file(s) via the Simulator making any needed changes/adjustments along the way in the editor. Not having this ability with PEP has been frustrating to say the least. The only saving grace in this regard has been the new ability to start the Simulator on any given page versus always having to start from the home page and the fact that the Simulator has no load time now. That being said, I still want to see the Simulator run as a separate process so we are not locked out of the editor while the Simulator is running. Perhaps there's still a chance this request will make it into a future update. Unfortunately, I can't recall whether or not I got any feedback on this from the Prontoteam during the beta test.

Also, regarding the statement I made in my prior reply shown below...

You
also can't use the editor while the Simulator is running
anyway (unlike PPENG), so it's not like you'd need to
worry about the Simulator taking up most of the screen.

Not a very good way to support the point I was making as I'm not in favor of the fact PEP's Simulator doesn't run as a separate process to begin with. (Guess I'm already resigned to the fact that we can't use both the editor and Simulator at the same time.) In fact, if PEP's Simulator did run as a separate process we'd be able to minimize the Simulator to the taskbar as we can now with PPENG's Simulator. That would certainly give one plenty of room to work with the editor while the Simulator (a much larger version of the Simulator than we have now) is still running.

Last edited by Lowpro on November 21, 2011 17:56.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse