The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday March 21, 2007 at 18:49
BrianJohnHunt
Long Time Member
May 2006
I may be skirting right on the edge of the forum rules here, so sincere apologies in advance if this is the case.

I have been looking for some way of controlling a SKY HD box via an RFX9600 for a while now and have sadly found that the box has no known RS-232 protocol so have been stuck with using the IR Blasters. I found this nifty device that connects to an RS-232 port on the RFX9600 and the RF2 (powered) port on the SKY HD (or even SKY or SKY+) box. It has it's own RS-232 protocol which it translates into IR codes which it transfers to the SKY Box via the RF socket (using the same theory as SKY's i-Link remote extender).

I have found it to be much more responsive and reliable than using either the TSU9600 directly or via the RFX9600 using IR. I thought that some of you out there may be interested. Yes, it does mean another 'device' in the chain, but it is very small and it draws power from the SKY RF2 port, so no transformer is needed.

It comes as standard with the ability to control 2 separate SKY Boxes, but apparently they will custom build one to control any number of boxes.

Here's the link if anyone is interested;

[Link: dusky-control.com]

Again apologies if I have broken the forum rules, but I thought it useful to share a solution to a problem I have been trying to solve for a while now.

Regards
Brian.

Hosting Services by ipHouse