Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday May 24, 2007 at 02:51
vipercompany
Long Time Member
April 2007
Your Welcome

"So I can just patch the RFX9400 into my wired network which in turn will enable the wireless capabilities, instead of using it as RF extender.... got it... cool."

I'm sure you meant wireless connection, but just to be safe. The RFX9400 doesn't connect through a wired connection.(There is no network plug on it) It communicates to your wireless router like a laptop would.

The RFX9600 on the other hand, can't connect to your wireless router like a laptop would, it needs to be plugged into it like a desktop computer. But you still control it with the the wifi capabilities of the remote. Example: You press a button on the remote, it travels through wifi to your wireless router, then the router sends it through the network cable to the RFX9600 which in turn sends it to the device (through RS232 or IR).

Also it's important to know that the RFX9600 doesn't work in stand alone mode. So if you want to communicate through RF from the remote to the RFX9600 directly it won't work. That would only work on the RFX9400.

Breakdown:
RFX9400
Connects to wireless router through Wifi
Can be used in stand alone mode, if there is no wifi available. (RF directly from remote to RFX9400)
Supports IR

RFX9600
Connects to wireless router through network cable
Can NOT be used in stand alone mode. A network has to be present.
Supports Relay, Power Sensing, RS232, and IR.

The remote doesn't have web browsing, one of the biggest let downs! Hopefully someone will figure out a way to hack it and make one.

Hope that helps,
Andrew

Hosting Services by ipHouse