Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Tuesday June 12, 2007 at 22:21
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
Update on Vista:

Vista Compatibility may be limited to running PEP in XP Compatibility mode but I've been assured that it does work. Folks must realize that any time a communication channel is involved (USB), that a rewrite of device drivers must typically occur. When going from 16 bit windows to 32 bit, or 32 bit XP to 64 bit Vista. Things do take time.

Like Warpdrv, I, too, don't jump at every release that comes along. Microsoft rolled out Vista WAY TOO SOON and they did not have all their hardware vendors on board. They did so to ensure that they caught the Christmas rush. Good business decision with respect to the "Cashola Factor" but bad decision for those needing immediate support and NOT buying a pre-built system with matching working hardware (boards, etc...) and preinstalled software.

I'm running XP SP2 and have only been running that for about 2 years. I stuck with Win98SE for the longest time simply because I could do EVERYTHING I needed with that release up until the time I added Theme Support to SuperNudelist.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse