The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday June 17, 2007 at 01:42
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
On June 3, 2007 at 13:15, jdavbar said...
I asked this same question a few months ago, the answer
I got in the end is "no", when listening to a playlist
you will only get the generic "playlist" icon. The onscreen
GUI is different than the metadata being streamed because
when using the inscreen GUI and a playlist, the album
cover art shows up. Waiting to see the Philips "update"
whenever that comes to see if this is rectified. Otherwise
I'll ask about it at Cedia.

This may likely be an Escient problem. When listening to music from Fireball PC, the cover art for MP3s does not show up properly. It seems that when the DVDM-100/552 serves up the URL to the Pronto, it is specified incorrectly and does not include the port number. That is. http://192.168.1.203/.... versus [Link: 192.168.1.203].... This 2nd form is required to get the pronto to point to the correct port. This bug has been reported to Escient. You may indeed be seeing this on the FP-1. My workaround was to surface the Escient database as a virtual folder underneat Internet Information Server (IIS) such that the Pronto can retrieve images via port 80 (standard http - first URL above) versus 7445.

This worked nicely but darnit, now, other standard images such as Playlist/Unknown Music Disc on the Escientare not showing up under either.

IMO, Escient put out a half-baked release with this 4.2.5.6 crap. Indexing for Fireball PC is totally screwed up. "AC/DC" shows up as "Ac/DC". I spent 2 weeks of evenings retagging my entire MP3 music collection so that they would show up properly. Now, Escient assumes they know best and try to came;case my song titles and artists. Thank goodness that these are only XML files. I'm thinking of writing a quick set of VB/Java Scripts to go and clean up the Escient crapola!
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse