The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday June 24, 2007 at 09:57
avtech
Long Time Member
October 2002
Is been some time, and very little activities, since Philips formally launch the TSU9600 and the extenders: RFX9400 & RFX9600. So little actions has been taken that some of the industry veteran’s starting to assume that Philips was to abandon the project completely; I guess, sour memories from the TSI6400, AKA iPRONTO, still fresh on many custom install professionals and users alike.

People still think that Philips lack the discipline required taking on a project of this magnitude. Is call the "Big Corporation Syndrome"; they are very much overwhelm with so many plans that can easily loose focus on any legit goal, loose patient creating unrealistic spectations to a point of cut funding and research into the remote business, for a more short term lucrative goal.

Fast forward for today, there is a "good sign" about the future of the TSU9600 and the extenders:

Philips have, finally, schedule training in AVAD facilities; I am register for Friday 29, 2007 in the local Westbury office. I will look forward to any news from Philips and will take an "open mind" attitude in hope for a positive response, about time!

Lest hope for the best!
Live Long and Prosper!

Hosting Services by ipHouse