The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday July 7, 2007 at 19:10
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
The MCE support coming in the next release of the software does not require the use of an extender. The extenders (RFX9600/RFX9400) are not used in this case just as they are not used for the Escient. The TSU9600 will be communicating directly with your MCE PC over IP via your wireless network. Also, so far as I know only music will be supported.

On the remote end via the editor you'll need to configure the Wireless Settings tab under System Properties to "Enable Wireless on the Pronto Control Panel with Wireless & Serial Extender(s) and/or Music Server(s) in Network Mode", then plugging in the WiFi Settings for your network. You'll also need to add the Windows Media Center device to your configuration file configuring it via its Properties/Settings tab. On the Settings tab of the Windows Media Center device you'll plug in the IP address of your MCE PC if using a static IP or the host name if using a dynamic IP. On the PC end Media Center Edition for XP or Vista will be required in addition to running a separate server application which Philips will be making available on their site for download.

If you could not tell, I'm quite excited myself regarding the upcoming MCE support. :-) Looking forward to being able to browse and play the music collection on my MCE PC without needing my projector and/or pc monitor turned on. Will be a very cool edition to my setup.

Last edited by Lowpro on July 7, 2007 20:03.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse