The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday August 16, 2007 at 21:37
André du Fresne
Founding Member
April 2002

Download PRONTONOID (updated version from 08/21/07)
So, here it is, my first Prontoscript game: PRONTONOID. It's based on the arcade classics Arkanoid or breakout. And on Lyndel's Pong game - from which I started. Thanks Lyndel, even though I still do not understand the whole scheduler method ;-)
As for the Prontoscript: I am sorry, that it is so chaotic, I haven't really gotten a grasp on Pronto/Javascript, so mostly it's try and error.

Back to PRONTONOID: It features a level template, which can be used to create your own custom levels in just a minute. Right now, there are only five levels, but you can make as many as you want. A small how-to is included in the file.

-- edit: screenshot deleted, since the template page and the shown instructions have changed in the new version --

I don't know how many resources a wav-output would need - as is there are no sounds in this game.
PRONTONOID is completely beta, that's why I decided to not yet upload it to remotecentral. Of course I will do so, once the following points are resolved

Known bugs / issues:
- sometimes the ball bounces without any apparent reason in a completely different direction: I think I know what causes this problem, but I'm afraid, that it cannot be fixed without losing quite a bit of game-speed
- it can happen, that the ball sort of sticks to the wall... will have to look for it.
- There is no this-was-the-last-level condition, but it shouldn't be a big problem to solve this issue.

Hope you have a little bit of fun with it... any feedback / improvements / c&c etc are very appreciated.
André

Last edited by André du Fresne on August 21, 2007 13:06.
TSU-9600, URC MX-3000, ProntoProNG TSU-7000

Hosting Services by ipHouse